Thursday, June 11, 2009

My new mental and spiritual exercise

I learned a new "trick" from a friend. It is a way to "give thanks in all things." When something happens like a kid spills their milk or better yet you spill something(which happens almost daily if you are me), you pump you fist and exclaim "YES!" You don't actually have to physically do this. You can just do it in your mind. The purpose is to not let little trivial things bring you down,affect your mood, and keep you from glorifying God but to remember to instead give thanks. Instead of "everyone left their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet again" it is "YES! We just ate a good meal. YES! We have lovely dishes to eat on. YES! I have a beautiful family to share it with. YES! The Lord has blessed me." Give it a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel touched, since the little HK emote is named after me *giggle*