Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bento Box Lunch





Super Healthy Kids is my new blog obsession; I need to do a post on some of the recipes from their that we have tried lately. They have almost all been a hit. I was introduced to the Bento Box lunch on this blog leading me to Just Bento. I didn't really want to invest in Bento Boxes for something that we may not do that often, but esp having a creative lunch maker I really wanted to give it a try. I also thought it might be a good way to use up leftovers...especially the ones no one really wants. With this method, everyone would just get a few bites and some other things as well. Another part of the idea, is to offer a well-balanced lunch.
Back to topic...I got the idea from some website to buy school supply boxes which are $1. They won't travel that well unless we are careful, but are great for using at home. I sat Elizabeth down on the computer and had her scroll through the Just Bento site and this is what she came up with for lunch today. They all said that lunch tasted better because it was "fun!"

These are the first 3 she made. The one on the left is Emma's with strawberry flowers, a grape tree, and a butterfly sandwich. Jack's is in the middle with an "italy" sandwich, left over mac-n-cheese water and yogurt volcano. I don't know if you can tell but she had some of the yogurt run over to look like lava. The last is Creed's and she said she just arranged the leftovers. ;-)
This one she made for herself with a bear of leftover mac-n-cheese with pretzel glasses, some trees and a flower sandwich.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

ummm, wow. She sure is creative!