Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank you...

for praying, for loving, for remembering.



On Thursday,we decided to go to Austin to a park there for the day. It was good. We picnicked and the kids played on the playground. Then my dad, Jon and the kids canoed in canoes my dad built while my mom, Creed and I walked up and down the river. It was very relaxing. Not so busy we couldn't remember but not so idle that we wallowed.




We did this type of thing with my parents a couple of times a few weeks before Knox died and he loved it. He loved being outside and running around, and I loved seeing his bright shining eyes and wispy blond hair blowing in the TX wind.












































We got home after dark to find flowers and balloons on the porch. The kids wanted to let them go and since we were afraid they would lose their umphh by morning we stood out in the street and let them go one by one. It was interesting. They all traveled different paths. Some flew higher than others and some did twists and turns in the wind. Some went all one speed while others started out slow and got fast. Anyway, it was a reminder to me that we all grieve differently and at different speeds with starts and stops and twists and turns along the way.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love you friend. I'm glad it was a "good" day.
See you soon.